Dr Myrto Konstantinidou is Senior Functional Scientist and has been working in the Systems Reliability and Industrial Safety Laboratory (SRISL) of NCSR ""Demokritos"" since 2002. She holds a Chemical Engineering degree from both the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) and Politecnico di Milano (Polimi) with MSc in Computational Engineering and PhD in Industrial Safety. She has over 15 years of experience in Quantified Risk Assessment. She has participated in many European and National research projects and Coordination actions on Industrial and Occupational Health & Safety. Her research activities include quantification of industrial and occupational risk from various activities in different working contexts and optimization of measures for the prevention of industrial and occupational accidents. Some of the projects she has participated are the following:
· H2020/EC4SafeNano: European Centre for Risk Management and Safe Innovation in Nanomaterials Nanotechnologies, H2020-NMBP, coordinator INERIS, 2016-2019
· FP7/SCAFFOLD: Innovative strategies, methods and tools for occupational risks management of manufactured nanomaterials (MNMs) in the construction industry, FP7-NMP, coordinator TECNALIA, 2012-2015
· FP7/INTEGRISK: “Early Recognition, Monitoring, and Integrated Management of Emerging, New Technology Related Risk”,coordinator EU-Vri, Germany, 2008-2013
· WORM: “Occupational Risk Model”, coordinator RIVM, The Netherlands, 2003 – 2009.
· FP6/SHAPE-RISK: “Sharing Experience on Risk Management - Health Safety and Environment to Design Future Industrial Systems”, coordinator INERIS, France, 2003-2007
Dr Konstantinidou has over 40 publications in international peer-review journals and conference proceedings, and over 500 citations.